December 15, 2017
As we approach the holiday break there are a few items you may find of interest.
· No School Calling Notification – We appreciate your feedback on the recent Automated No School Announcement. For some unknown reason, people received calls that were complete, or only half the message, or there was such a long pause between when recipient answered and the message began. We are working with our provider to identify the problem and hopefully remediate it.
· Keene High School Report – We are hoping that parents of seventh and eighth grade students will attend the December 21st School Board meeting next week when Keene High School Principal, Jim Logan, will present a report in the Winchester School Library beginning at 6:30 p.m.
· Upcoming School Board Budget Meetings – The School Board extends an invitation to all parents and the general public to attend the Public Hearing on next year’s school budget on January 11, 2018 beginning at 7 p.m. This is an opportunity to listen to the presentation and ask questions. We hope to see you there.
· School Book Fair - The school recently held a Book Fair that was very successful.
· Holiday Concert – I had an opportunity to attend my first holiday concert on Wednesday. The band entertained us with familiar tunes and the chorus was well rehearsed. They clearly enjoyed sharing their voices with the audience. The Sing-A-Long at the end helped to get us all into the holiday season. Kudos to the children and Mrs. Guilbault, our wonderful music teacher. Nicely done!
· Fire Inspection – The Fire Chief conducted an inspection of the school this past Saturday and we are working with him to ensure a safe environment for all staff and students.
· Booster Club 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament – Although this is not a school sponsored event, the proceeds of the tournament is used by the Booster Club to support sport activities for our students. If you would like to participate, please contact Ashlee Nicholson for more information.
· Winter Break – The last Day of School is December 21st. It is a full day of school. We look forward to students returning on January 2, 2018. On behalf of the entire Winchester, staff we wish you all a wonderful holiday season for you and your family.
Warm holiday wishes,
Dr. Genovese, Mr. Duprey, Ms. Carey